Wednesday, December 19, 2012
OUTreach Public Relations Partners with the Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce - GFLGLCC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 19, 2012
Fort Lauderdale, FL – OUTreach Public Relations is proud to announce its recent partnership with the Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce - GFLGLCC. Under the new agreement, members of the chamber will have access to OUTreach’s services at an extremely discounted rate.
“Many small businesses in Fort Lauderdale cannot afford to retain a public relations firm full-time, so this partnership is a great way for these businesses to reach local media and gain valuable exposure,” states Joey Amato, founder of OUTreach PR.
Earlier this year, Amato launched OUTreach Public Relations; a company created to help businesses connect to the lucrative LGBT market. Since then, OUTreach has been retained by a variety of clients ranging from hotels and resorts to visitor’s bureaus and non-profit organizations.
Some clients that have used their public relations services include: OASIS SENS resort in Cancun, Stonewall Pride, Carma Productions, AIDS Walk Orlando and the Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau.
“The initial response to OUTreach has been overwhelming,” states Amato. “Being one of select few firms in the country specializing in LGBT public relations has proven to be very beneficial.”
OUTreach Public Relations provides traditional public relations services in addition to social media marketing and consulting.
About Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (GFLGLCC):
The GFLGLCC is a 501 C (6) Non Profit organization, with the following Mission Statement: Dedicated to promoting business and economic opportunities for the LGBT and LGBT-friendly community in the Greater Fort Lauderdale area. To be an advocate and resource for all member businesses that promotes equality. To promote tourism with a unified approach, by working with appropriate and related organizations.
For more information about the GFLGLCC, or to become a member, please visit http://www.gogayfortlauderdale.com/ For media coverage, press kits, membership kits and live interview requests, please contact Keith Blackburn at 305-798-5455, or via email at:
For more information, please contact:
OUTreach Public Relations:
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
2012 Year-to-Date Highlights from the Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce – GFLGLCC
2012 was a busy and highly productive year for the GLFGLCC – and we still have a month to go! While our membership grew, we maintained 8 Media Partners and 9, 501 (c) 3 Community Partners. Our unique relationship with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, NGLCC allowed us to offer many unique benefits and opportunities to our members. Take a look below for a sampling of what we’ve accomplished:
· Moved to our new office!
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn took part in a teleconference with senior Obama Administrations official, Export Import Bank Chairman, Fred Hochberg, and NGLCC Co-Founder & President, Justin Nelson after his meeting with Vice President Biden, to discuss major economic themes from the 2012 State of the Union address and what they mean for the LGBT and allied business community.
· Sponsored the 2012 GLBT Travel Expo Tour Fort Lauderdale at the Pride Center. GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn attended and promoted our member businesses at our chamber booth.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn and Board member Alan Beck attended Palm Beach Pride, where we promoted Greater Fort Lauderdale as the premier LGBT travel destination and promoted our member businesses.
· Board member Alan Beck represented us at his Fun Maps booth at the GLBT Expo in NYC -- promoting our chamber and distributing our Rainbow Hospitality Alliance brochures.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn traveled to ITB in Berlin, Germany to promote LGBT travel to Greater Fort Lauderdale. We created a sponsored brochure, which was distributed in the “Pink Pavilion” in conjunction with the IGLTA and throughout Berlin.
· The Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) invited us to participate with them at the annual Cruise 3Sixty Trade Show, April 27-28, 2012 at the Broward County Convention Center. NGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn, along with FAB2GO-VIP2GO attended and promoted Greater Fort Lauderdale as the premier LGBT travel destination and promoted our sponsor businesses at our booth.
· NGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn took part in an NGLCC Real Estate Teleconference. On the call, diversity and industry experts from JPMorgan Chase, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae, discussed how businesses within the real estate industry can benefit through participation in the Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI). Great insights were gained, which could greatly benefit those in the real estate industry. This includes Realtors, attorneys and any business which takes part in the real estate process.
· We participated in a hand-delivered letter to President Obama -- with the NGLCC and other affiliate chambers, thanking him for his support of Marriage Equality.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn attended the CVB Tourism Appreciation Luncheon with the Mayor of Fort Lauderdale, County Commissioners, CVB President, Nicki Grossman and many others.
· We sponsored “Beach Bear Weekend” which helped raise money for Sun Serve, while promoting our member businesses.
· Board member Steve McAleer along with Roger Handevidt represented our members at Miami Beach Gay Pride, where they promoted Greater Fort Lauderdale as the premier LGBT travel destination and promoted our member businesses at our booth.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn attended Gay Days Orlando Expo, where we promoted Greater Fort Lauderdale as the premier LGBT travel destination and promoted our sponsor businesses at our booth.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn, along with Roger Handevidt and Mago Sosa attended the St. Pete Pride event, where we promoted Greater Fort Lauderdale as the premier LGBT travel destination and promoted our member businesses at our booths.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn, along with Board member Alan Beck attended Stonewall Summer Pride, where we promoted Greater Fort Lauderdale as the premier LGBT travel destination and promoted our member businesses at our booth.
· Hosted a packed launch party for SouthFloridaFun.com at Dapur
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn moderated a session, which discussed "Diversity Supplier Relationships and Creating a Strong Ally Culture." This was at the Florida Diversity Council’s Inaugural GLBT-Allies Diversity Summit, which took place at the Pride Center.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn attended the July 4th Tea Cruise for the Brian Neil Fitness and Health Foundation, where we promoted Greater Fort Lauderdale as the premier LGBT travel destination and promoted our member businesses at our business table.
· Roger Handevidt represented the GFLGLCC and Rainbow Hospitality Alliance at the Poverello Bowl-A-Thon, where we promoted our member businesses at our booth.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn and Board Members Steve McAleer, Alan Beck and Todd Bludworth attended the NGLCC National Business & Leadership Conference in Chicago.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn took part in the historical, first LGBT Trade Mission and the inaugural LGBT Summit of the Americas in Bogotá Colombia. GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn met with Michael McKinley, U.S. Ambassador to Colombia.
· We presented the inaugural symposium, “Transitions Solutions for LGBT Seniors” at the Pride Center as a free informative event for the community. Board member Steve McAleer represented the GFLGLCC and our members.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn attended the Gay Days Las Vegas Trade Expo, where we promoted Greater Fort Lauderdale as the premier LGBT travel destination and promoted our sponsor businesses at our booth.
· Sponsored the Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay & Lesbian Film Festival.
· Held a fund raiser and social, to benefit for the Stonewall National Museum and Archives at the iL Lugano Hotel and Residences.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn and Board member Steve McAleer, along with Roger Handevidt promoted the GFLGLCC and our members at our booth at the annual Oktoberfest in Oakland Park.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn attended the 13th Annual Community Marketing & Insights (CMI) Conference in San Francisco with GFLGLCC Board Member, Alan Beck and Rickard Gray, newly appointed Managing Director of the LGBT Market for the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB). While there, we promoted the Greater Fort Lauderdale as THE LGBT travel destination.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn with Roger Handevidt and VIP2GO/FAB2GO participated with the City of Fort Lauderdale’s free Business Education Seminar, designed to help your business grow. We displayed members’ business collateral in our booth space.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn and Board members Steve McAleer and Alan Beck attended the first-ever Federal Procurement Fair for LGBT businesses at the Department of Commerce in Washington, DC. Acting Secretary of Commerce Rebecca Blank spoke to the attendees. 12 Federal agencies were represented -- all looking to do business with our LGBT Certified members. Met with the Small Business Administration Deputy Administrator, Eugene Cornelius Jr. The Federal Procurement Fair is designed to connect LGBT-owned businesses with the over $400 billion the federal government spends annually on goods and services, of which nearly $100 billion is with small business suppliers. At the fair, NGLCC announced significant memorandums with federal agencies, deepening collaboration with government leaders to bring resources, access, and new opportunities to your business.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn along with Board members Todd Bludworth, Steve McAleer and Alan Beck attended the in Washington, DC at the National Building Museum. GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn met briefly with Congressman Elect Patrick Murphy. Board members Todd Bludworth, Steve McAleer and Alan Beck were present.
· GFLGLCC President/CEO Keith Blackburn and Board member Steve McAleer attended the official opening for the NGLCC Supplier Innovation Center, where U.S. Small Business Administration Administrator Karen Mills performed the ribbon cutting honors.
· Teamed up with the NGLCC and Small Business Saturday to promote our chamber and small business owners.Announced that our inaugural “Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay Travel Guide,” which will have a circulation of 10,000 copies and a worldwide distribution.
Monday, December 3, 2012
GREATER FORT LAUDERDALE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU APPOINTS RICHARD GRAY AS MANAGING DIRECTOR FOR LGBT MARKET
GREATER FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (December 3, 2012) - The Rainbow Flag of the LGBT community will unfurl with a new shade of Gray in Greater Fort Lauderdale. Hospitality executive Richard Gray has been appointed managing director for the LGBT Market for the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. In his new position, Gray will be responsible for LGBT sales and marketing.
"Richard has been one of the most experienced and influential individuals in Greater Fort Lauderdale gay tourism and hospitality, and it is a great win for us to have him part of the team," said Nicki E. Grossman, president of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. "For us the LGBT market is not a niche market but a market in its own right. With Richard's background as both a local proprietor and advocate for LGBT travel and tourism in the region, we feel the timing is right to make this next important step for us and this destination."
Gray will serve as official representative for the LGBT market in Greater Fort Lauderdale, developing and implementing short and long term strategic plans to increase meeting room nights and global travel and tourism.
Gray was previously owner of The Royal Palms Resort & Spa, which set new standards for LGBT accommodations, both locally and worldwide, and was the first gay guest house in the destination to achieve a five-star rating. In 2007, Gray was named a member of the Broward County Tourist Development Council, a group of influential officials and business owners that provide leadership on tourism growth in the destination. His return to Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBT tourism marketing coincides with the CVB's expanded push to capture a larger slice of the LGBT travel market as part of its "Hello Sunny" 2013 Marketing Plan.
As a CVB that tries to stay ahead of the curve, Greater Fort Lauderdale has and continues to be a cutting edge and aggressive CVB enjoying many "firsts" in the LGBT market. The GFLCVB was the first CVB in the US to launch an LGBT campaign in 1996, and today is the first to have a designated LGBT-only person to court the LGBT group/meetings, travel and tourism markets, as well as oversee a gaystream marketing initiative including a gaystream TV commercial, another first for a CVB.
"The sands of Fort Lauderdale run through my veins and I've always wanted to be a part of the community since I first moved here more than 20 years ago," said Gray. "Greater Fort Lauderdale has become the top LGBT destination in Florida. With the largest resident lesbian and gay population and more than 150 gay owned and operated businesses, my role is not to rest on our laurels and success, but to grow this affluent market even more."
Gray founded The Royal Palms Resort & Spa in 1991 and helped spearhead Greater Fort Lauderdale's status as one of the leading LGBT travel destinations in the country. He was first appointed to Greater Fort Lauderdale's Marketing Advisory Committee in 2003, and has served on several other high-level committees in the past, including the Broward Country Cultural Council in 2004, and the VISIT FLORIDA's LGBT committee in 2003. He was also an Executive Board Member of the Rainbow Carpet Lodging & Hospitality Alliance.
Gray served as Vice Chair of the Broward County Tourist Development Council and Chair of its Marketing Advisory Committee. He served as Member of the State of Florida Marketing Committee, 2004 - 2007; Executive Board Member and Founding Member of the South Florida Rainbow Alliance; President and Founding Member of World's Foremost Gay & Lesbian Hotels, 2003; Executive Board Member of the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association, 1993 - 2000; and Founding Member, Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay & Lesbian Community Center.
Gray has received several prestigious awards and recognitions for his tourism-related achievements, including induction in the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association Hall of Fame in 2002. In 2000, he received a Home Town Hero Award from the Broward County Commissioners for his achievements in gay and lesbian travel, and in 1998 was inducted into PlanetOut's Travel Hall of Fame for outstanding individual achievement in gay travel.
# # #